Indonesian Megs and nearly all land found teeth, and are found in the fossilized seabed sand stone. Quite a number of teeth suffer erosion to the roots (its thought to be acidic conditions either in the rock or the water soaking throught it and over the tooth, its often just on one side) but the blades and as sharp as they day they were lost. Often when the roots have eroded badly and have little strengh, matric and be found left on so the remaining root can stay attached and does not break off, this will be mentioned in the discription. The better teeth can have beautifully presered roots. Some people worry that because the teeth are cheap they are fake this is not the case, as with all fossils around the world sometimes they maybe faked or replicated but this reputation of indonesian Meg teeth is more to do with people not understanding the teeth and how they are found.
Rest assured all the teeth I offer are 100% the real deal, don't the the low price make you think otherwise. If a tooth has matix on the root or has had a repair it will be in the listing.
90% of the teeth I have are as they were found with no improvments, the other 10% may have broken and been glued, have matrix covering whats left of the root or may have has slight patching to the root to stablise it, check the discription so you know whats what. The item "#17, NICE 4.95 MEGALODON SHARK TOOTH!
GREAT serrations + colour U. K STOCK" is in sale since Tuesday, December 15, 2020. This item is in the category "Collectables\Rocks, Fossils & Minerals\Fossils\Shark Teeth". The seller is "adie_t_b" and is located in Cowes, isle of wight. This item can be shipped worldwide.